Monday, August 22, 2011

Buy Used and Save the Difference

"Buy used and save the difference" is a motto that my fav big family, the Duggars (20 and Counting), always says and I think it is a great motto to live by to have a financially peaceful life. Don't get me wrong I do purchase some things new, but I just love a good deal and most of the time I find what I'm looking for at a garage sale or Cragislist, even when looking for baby stuff now I can usually find it used and much cheaper. The reason I bring this up is because we are currently in the process of searching for a bigger vehicle now that our family is growing and we still only have one car and it time for two. We have chosen to buy used because we feel it saves a lot of money. It isn't easy though going the used route because buying a used vehicle is a much longer process than driving up to a car dealership and picking out your new car. I am loosing patience and keep telling myself it will be worth it at the end. I go on Craigslist and all the used cars sites pretty much everyday and check our local dealerships to see what they have. We are looking to buy a 2007 or 2008 Chevy Tahoe. We have test drove a couple at a dealership and have even test drove one that was posted on Craigslist, no luck though. We have bought much of what we own used and I have to say even though it may take a little longer to find what your looking for used, it is definitely worth it, and I know if we just keep positive the right Tahoe is out there for us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment